Arizona Student Media is the University of Arizona’s multimedia learning laboratory, providing operational support to editorially-independent, student-managed media outlets – specifically the Arizona Daily Wildcat, KAMP Student Radio and UATV-3.
Students maintain decision-making authority over all content delivered to you (the university has no administrative approval or oversight over content). While professional staff are available to provide support, training, and general advice, it’s the students who are in charge when it comes to all news and information you see, hear, read or experience.
- The Daily Wildcat/DailyWildcat.com have served as the student voice of the University of Arizona since 1899. Its 100-plus student participants each year take seriously their goal of being the primary source of information for, by and about the UA community, and contribute to campus life by providing a voice for students. They bring news, sports, entertainment, opinion and other vital information about your campus directly to you online, in print, via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and through regular email newsletters.
- On the air since 1988, KAMP Student Radio is home to more than 60 student participants each year who host shows in all genres of music, while also producing audio-driven talk, sports and news programming across its airwaves. Students manage the station, anchor its shows, and provide mobile deejay services to campus organizations and local businesses. Listen to KAMP 24/7 (all day, everyday) via it’s internet livestream, or on campus at AM 1570.
- UATV-3 features an annual team of more than 40 student reporters, anchors, producers, directors, videographers and editors, providing hands-on broadcast television training since 998. The students of UATV-3 work to provide entertainment and campus news to the public through the live-broadcast of weekly shows. Programming is distributed on Channel 3 in the on-campus dorms, or online.
Originally approved in 1998 as a $1 per semester fee to support operation of KAMP Student Radio, this fee was renewed via student referendum (meaning students voted on its approval) in 2013 at $3 per semester.
Today, this fee supports the longevity and service provided by all of Arizona Student Media’s student-run outlets. Your student fee contribution helps to directly ensure University of Arizona students are continually guaranteed the ability to exercise their First Amendment rights through the power of the press and airwaves.
- Access to the Arizona Daily Wildcat online, via DailyWildcat.com, by email (weekly or more frequently) and on social media 24/7 regardless of where you’re located. In Tucson, Daily Wildcat print editions are available at more than 100 locations. The Daily Wildcat strives to be the primary source of information for, by and about the UA community, and is entirely run by students, just like you.
- Access to KAMP Student Radio music and talk shows 24/7 produced by your fellow UA students for YOU.
- A platform for your voice on campus, in Tucson and across the global UA community. Want to have your voice heard? Join the Wildcat, KAMP Student Radio, or UATV-3 today.
Students may request a refund for the current term only by using our form on a semester-by-semester basis. The deadline for submitting a refund request is the last day of classes in the term for which the refund is being requested.
Questions? Please email Nancy Greene, business manager.